Pictures of food before/during/after workouts, riders and races

Ack, dumb autocorrect or silly fingers one or the other. Pepitas it was supposed to be. pumpkin seeds :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Stefanie glad I’m not the only one that autocorrect likes to mess with :joy:

1 Like

I love seeing all the food choices. You all motivate me to start cooking again.

1 Like

Oh! I was wondering, too!

1 Like

@kellynoelharman i have always been more of a baker than a cook but since I don’t want to put on extra weight I’ve put baking off except at the holidays and now I’ve been making some things with sourdough starter. I’ve enjoyed cooking while staying at home. I do tend to make the same things but i realize how much healthier i am eating - not eating out and not as much junk food. - more dishes would be the downside :sweat_smile:

Today I did a slow and casual metric. Here was my fish taco lunch at ~ mile 34 (outdoor seating right along the bike path). I did not eat the beans, but did have most of the rice and one of the flour tortillas.

5 Likes

What a conveniently located eating spot @CandaceC!

2 Likes

Today’s lunch (recovery day): spicy eggplant with basil, brown rice, turkey meatballs

2 Likes

I have to admit a bit of a lunch splurge with some wine (We had half a carafe for the table of the house red). Started with their house salad and homemade tomato dressing. But it’s a recovery day and we are trying to support a local place that’s been here for 100yrs+.

3 Likes

Today’s dinner after strength training: rice with pepers, chicken, baby cauliflower, broccoli and brussel sprouts

2 Likes

1 Like

Todays dinner. Pan fried tofu with veggies and rice.
Breakfast was a smoothie with oat milk banana and pea protein powder. I was too lazy to make anything.

3 Likes

Dinner before the top-end drills workout: quinoa, green beans, peas, black beans, and herbs and spices.

1 Like

Rest day - and start of a rest week- so I am opting for beans for carbs (as
opposed to the usual rice or potatoes) and some protein, eggs, and my fave brussel sprouts

3 Likes

Today’s dinner as I was very lazy and should have made quinoa.
Spinach. Sweet potato. Hemp seeds. Sunflower seeds. Fennel. And tumeric dressing. And carrots.

3 Likes

@Coach_Theia I cannot believe Brussels sprouts are your fave.

1 Like

I’m not posting a pic because well, i made pizza again - i have not eaten pizza all that much for that past 2+ yrs and now with stay at home and doing more endurance rides and races, well, its an easy and somewhat healthy carb option. Tonight was fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, sausage (i am going to try seitan soon - i got some this weekend!) and diced tomatoes
I’m celebrating getting some good news today!!

And @Coach_Theia Brussels sprouts rule! My mother is rolling in her grave because Brussel sprouts were my least favorite veggie growing up after Lima beans - actually maybe they were a tie but it was Lima beans when she tried to put her foot down and make me eat them - aka i ran from the table and hid in the cellar stairs because i so did not want to eat them :joy::joy:

1 Like

Not sure if it counts as food,but here’s a yummy watermelon smoothie I made last night. Watermelon, frozen strawberries, lime and mint.

!

5 Likes

I know, it’s crazy but I love Brussels sprouts, radishes, collard greens in general (the bitter the better), watercress, all cabbages… I read once that people taste bitterness differently from one another, so that could be a reason.

@CandaceC that smoothie looks a-mazing! I have to try it!!

2 Likes

Me, too @Coach_Theia! Anything green, I’m all in! Have the most amazing Brussels sprouts recipe I make for the family at Thanksgiving, if anyone wants it I’m happy to share. I’ve been salivating and taking notes on lots of your posts even if not weighing in. I’m a lacto/ovo vegetarian trying to eat more plant based meals overall. But love absolutely to eat absolutely everything including the chocolate chip peanut butter cookies recently made. Limiting myself to 2 a day! :innocent:

1 Like