Pictures of food before/during/after workouts, riders and races

Today’s dinner: seared steak, brocoli, potatoes and the always-present Brussel sprouts :rofl:

1 Like

Yes you guessed it more pizza tonight :joy: i didn’t get a chance to make sourdough crust today and misread the recipe for another crust (2 hr rise not 1 hr and it was closing in on 6 pm) so had to find recipe that only had to rise about 10 min - i used whole wheat flour and its ok but i much prefer the sourdough crust. I did use setian instead of sausage because then i didn’t need to brown the sausage and the taste is no different at least not to me. Still no James’ pizza but it works for me. I was planning to make sweet potato sausage muffins for the ride tomorrow but I’m tired, so it will be an extra bottle of hydration, energy chews and honey stinger chews at the ready kind of ride. I will eat a kodiak cake waffle with maple syrup an hr or so ahead and have a gel before the ride - i found that really worked with the racing so I’m kind of following similar even for hard or long endurance rides on the weekend. If only i didnt get caught up in work i would get to make myself the muffins :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi.

My kids are addicted to sour dough pizza I always have to make sure i have a starter going so I can have the discard to make pizza. I know make sour dough buns

Kind regards,

Cynthia

1 Like

I have to admit I was craving pizza so we ordered from Graziono’s.

3 Likes

We had pizza too.

2 Likes

Pan fried sea bass, seared broccoli (with some mixed seeds and lemon juice thrown in at the end) and smashed baby potatoes with some horseradish mixed through.
Not the best looking plate of food but it tasted great AND I managed to cook the fish and remove the skin myself :grin:

4 Likes

On the topic of brussel sprouts, a favourite way of mine to cook them is to slice them up and saute them in salted butter. Delicious!

1 Like

Love that idea @laura.brunnen! Will need to try it!

They are delicious like that, sliced fine and sautéd with Shallots and chopped hazelnuts- :yum:

2 Likes

All these Brussels sprout lovers. Ha

1 Like

I thinly slice my brussels, add them to grated sweet potato and carrot, season and then bake in the oven until it all goes crispy…my take on a rosti. Really nice for lunch with a poached egg on top.

3 Likes

I’m in heaven! All these amazing ideas - I will never stop eating them!!

All this talk of brussels have a hankering, so just added a portion of sautéd brussels to my veg tomato stew ‘thing’ (aka any veggies I could find, cooked with a tin of tomatoes, herbs and paprika)

4 Likes

Michelle that looks delish :yum:

1 Like

Post-achterbahn lunch. Squash ravioli and veggies. Plus tea and my remaining sports drink.

3 Likes

Today’s post-workout dinner; brown rice, roasted brussels and spicy chicken breast
I may have overdone the spicing on the chicken but it was yummy.
Working on reducing my portion sizes - I started plating up and realised the portion was probably twice what I’ve seen coach shoe in her pics, so I split it in to 2 plates, so I have a yummy lunch tomorrow.
The pic is the reduced plating… might still be a little too much rice :thinking:

3 Likes

Post workout - ride was fasted (just prefer too sometimes). Tomatoes, goats cheese, basil, sour dough - tuna with Greek yogurt and spring onions!

4 Likes

That looks amazing @pam! Just a word of caution on doing fasted workouts. It’s OK for an easy ride, though.

Hey, thanks @Coach_Theia

I just feel sick on the bike - maybe need to have a smoothie beforehand.

1 Like

Tonight’s post-workout meal was a vegetable stew ‘thing’… wasn’t sure what I wanted to eat so just started chopping veggies and throwing them in a saucepan - added some chicken stock and white miso paste; then decided I needed something extra so threw in some quinoa and butter beans (first time reintroducing beans as part of my low FODMAP experiment). It was really tasty and filling, I even managed to persuade Hannah to forgo her usual post footy training junk food for a bowl of goodness :innocent:

7 Likes